If you are looking for the easiest and fastest ways to get Matic Network (now known as Polygon Network) onto your MetaMask wallet, you have come to the right place!
Below, you will find step-by-step instructions.
Type 1: Step 1: Download the MetaMask wallet
1. Go to https://metamask.io/ and click on ‘Download‘
2. Choose your preferred browser or mobile application to install the MetaMask extension
Keep in mind that MetaMask supports iOS and Android native apps. It also works as a browser extension on Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Edge.
If you are new to creating a MetaMask wallet, we created a more detailed guide for every step of the way:
Type 1: Step 2: Add Matic to Metamask
After the initial setup, MetaMask will only be connected to Ethereum.
Now, it’s time to connect Metamask to Polygon.
Here is how to do it:
1. Open your MetaMask wallet
2. Click on the network dropdown menu
3. Click on ‘Add Network‘
4. Add the following details:
– Network Name: Polygon
– New RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
– Chain ID: 137
– Currency Symbol: MATIC
– Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
Click to ‘Save‘
Good job! Now you are successfully connected to the Polygon network.
Type 2: Step 1: Connect your wallet to the Sushi app
The next step is to visit https://app.sushi.com/.
***There are many exchanges that support Matic Network such as:
Let’s continue with the Sushi way:
– Once you open the website, click on the ‘Connect to a wallet‘ button
– Click the button that says ‘Ethereum‘ in the top right-hand corner
– Select the network you wish to use (in this case, Polygon)
– Go to your MetaMask wallet and approve the switch
– Your network will be updated automatically
In case you are wondering, Sushi is a community-driven organization built to solve the “liquidity problem.” In other words, it cracks the inability of disparate forms of liquidity to connect with markets in a decentralized way and vice versa.
Their core products include decentralized exchange, decentralized lending market, yield instruments, and staking derivatives.
Type 2: Step 2: Import tokens using the Matic Bridge on Sushi
Once you switch to the Polygon (Matic) network, here is what to do next:
– Click on the ‘Bridge Assets‘ button
– Visit https://wallet.matic.network/bridge
– Select the ERC-20 token you want to bridge to Matic
– Input the amount you want to bridge over or click MAX
– Click ‘Transfer‘
– Check out the associated bridge fee before you confirm the transfer
– Approve the gas fee from your wallet
Type 2: Step 3: Add Matic tokens to your MetaMask wallet
You may see balances in tokens on https://wallet.matic.network/, but the tricky part is that you should manually add the tokens by yourself.
Here is how to do it:
– Open your MetaMask wallet
– Go to the bottom of the Assets tab
– Click ‘Add Token’ and find the token you want to add
– Click on the token icon
– Tap to add the token and confirm it is done
– Click the back arrow button in Metamask to see the assets in your wallet.
To wrap up
If you have any questions on how to add Matic Network to MetaMask and import tokens, don’t hesitate to reach out to us – we are happy to help you every step of the way!